Thursday, May 24, 2012

Meet Our Family! (The Home Crew)


                                             


First off, there's me......
I am a born and raised Georgia girl. I left home at age 18 to marry a Navy guy. The marriage lasted 8 years before it ended badly. I met my Prince Charming (also a Sailor) during my divorce and we married shortly thereafter. We have been together nearly 16 years and I am happier than I ever dreamed I could be. I am the Women's Ministry Director at our church, and I enjoy cooking, reading, volunteer work, scrapbooking, Facebook, photography and writing.






Then comes the Princess.....
We were blessed with this beautiful baby girl almost 15 years ago. She is active in church, where she dances on our dance team and runs sound and media for our youth group. She is in the International Baccalaureate program at her school and is in Spanish Honor Society and Marching Band. She also runs a cupcake baking business in her spare time and is currently saving up to buy her own Shofar.




And finally, the man who made this whole tugboat lifestyle happen...... known at work as 'Butcher". Butch served 4 years in the Navy working as a machinist repairman after finishing high school in the Atlanta area. After marrying me and becoming a Dad, he worked at various jobs until God led him to the tugboat. He has worked as a deckhand for nearly 7 years and his duties include line handling and general boat maintenance. In his off time, he enjoys golf, bowling, fishing and serving at church as an usher or in security. He is also an expert Grill Master and treats us to tasty meals fairly often!


We are also parents of 2 fur babies, known as Julio and Lil Bit.


Julio is a long legged, buck toothed tabby cat who is a little challenged in some areas. He is sweet and loving but a little bit different. he enjoys drinking out of the toilet, watching birds, having his tummy rubbed and chasing his sister.





Lil Bit a big eyed, sweet, prissy but neurotic tabby who enjoys cuddles and hiding under the bed, but despises being bathed by her brother. She likes lying on clean laundry, sleeping in the sun and trying to catch lizards through our windows






So this is our family......in all our glory :)

3 comments: