Monday, June 11, 2012

From The Princess's View

Note: Excuse any randomness or bouncing around, it's just how my brain works.

My view of my Dad's job may be different from others. There are negatives to his job and schedule. The weeks he works we don't talk much, if any. I worry about him because his job is very dangerous, but I know he knows this and takes every precaution to protect himself and others. I miss him a lot. When he's working, sometimes I go on sort of an auto-pilot, then something small such as not being able to open a bottle of soda makes me think of him and miss him. He misses a lot of events, like my first high school band concert, Christmas and some birthdays.

I also see positives in his job. I know that he loves his job. I also know that it is a blessing that my Dad has a job right know when many others don't. He's home for a lot, like Thanksgiving and some birthdays. It's also pretty cool that we can go on vacation for a week and he doesn't have to take off work. I also believe that the time we are apart makes us closer when we're together. When he's home, we do a lot as a family and it makes up for the time he works.

-Marissa


No comments:

Post a Comment