Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Seriously???

Geesh! How long has it been since I posted??? I knew I was behind, but had no idea it had been 3 1/2 months since I posted! In all fairness though, I did have good intentions. I even downloaded the blogger app to my android phone, thinking that would make it easier for me to post on the go (since it seems I am CONSTANTLY on the go anyway). Boy was I wrong! What a nightmare! I got the app installed easily....but then.....oh Google....with our love/hate relationship. First I had to add an account on my phone and I foolishly assumed that I could use my already existing sign in, Silly me, that caused my phone to spaz and lock me out of Google all together. I went through recovery steps while peering closely at the micro-fine print on my phone....all to no avail, I fussed and cussed fiddled and FINALLY got the stupid thing to work. Then I attempted a post.

WELL.....that was a joke for several reasons:
  1. The print is very small and I couldn't read what I was typing.     
  2.  I am totally used to auto correct on my phone and could not remember to capitalize "I" and insert an apostrophe in "I'm" and "we're". 
  3. My batter got low and threatened to shut my phone off. My darling baby girl had my charger. Hence my agitation. I may or may not have cussed. 
I gave up.
Tonight, I sit at my trusty desktop with it's large monitor and my bag of pretzels and sippy cup of wine, er, Coke.

What I was trying to do was post some pictures from my phone that I have been meaning to upload for sometime. Enough drama....let's see them!
 Here is Tug Bulldog doing her thing.....When standing next to the tug it looks big, but next to this giant cargo ship she looks tiny!The blue rope is a working line.  It is slowing the cargo ship down and assisting in the steering of the ship. It will help them maneuver through the river. Incidentally, this cargo ship was built in 2005, and according to Wikipedia it was at that time of the the largest in the world. Read more about this ship here .
 This is Tug General Oglethorpe heading upriver to Georgia Ports. She used to be a Coast Guard Ice Breaker. She is the oldest in Savannah's fleet and is a single screw boat, meaning she has one propeller.







top photo: courtesy of Frankie Davis
Bottom photo: source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment